Tuesday, April 07, 2009

i have a temper actually

i had always thought im a person without a temper, except towards my parents who have bigger tempers than me. most of the time, when im out my home, i leave my temper and anger and frustration back in, or i keep them tucked deep beneath my iron skin. had i always thought that having little or no emotions, I will be better able to survive and live through with less pain and scars, i have to think otherwise now.

just sunday, i discovered my temper and my anger are less deeply hidden than i thought. the incident took place on the bus, i was with my Dad. somewhere early in the trip, this group of disgustingly Beng-looking and vulgaricious and music-blasting stupid idiots boarded the bus, and sat behind us. I totally feel sad for their parents, coz if my kid grow up to be like that, I'd rather have given birth to a plant. Thn again i feel sorry for them, coz they probably don't have loving and responsible parents like I do, who teaches me manners and discipline and respect. while they filled the bus with their alphebets (namely KNN or CCB or Knnccb...), and blasting Jay chou's Dao Xiang away, I tried very VERY hard to ignore them. I was thinking to myself, that if they were to play the game "1,3,6" which is to call the numbers out but skipping those with 1,3 or 6, in the version of "knn, ccb, knnb" I bet they will run out of things to say.

despite their freaking idiotic public display of stupidity, we kept our opinions to ourselves. what pulled the last straw was when my father was talking on the phone, they made fun of him. Nobody makes fun of MY FATHER! I was literally shaking with anger. After a few eye daggers, they became even more ostentatious, and I on the other hand was about to burst, while my father happily chats away on the phone. so, i turned around and stare them straight in the eye, and said "excuse me, will you Shut the Fuck Up". honestly, i was proud of myself, because this time, I DID NOT PUT UP WITH THE RIDICULE and I STOOD UP TO IT, overthrowing my ever so cowardly self. and i give credit to the dumbasses coz they actually do understand english and did shut up, but they should slap themselves silly anyway.

after we got down from the bus, I got a lecture from my Dad. He told me I should have kept my composure and totally ignored them, instead of getting all angry myself. Because "being angry is a punishment to yourself for the wrongs that other people did". True.
Now, Im abit confused. Because one hand I think having a temper is not a bad thing, the other I think being angry at other people is dumb.

So, I have made up my mind,
no more silent sufferings, no more putting up with anti-Chinese sentiments, and at least if I am angry I will make known about it. If I am punishing myself for ur mistake, I make sure you have a horribler time than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment