Thursday, March 21, 2013

post interview blues

I don't know what is it about the interviews, I always feel so drained after them. Update, I went for Lucasfilm interview round 2 yesterday afternoon. And I'm not sure whether it was the travelling that killed me or the interview itself. The interview lasted for 1 hour plus, I suppose it was good because I feel that the I am the same kind of people as my interviewers. We are all geeks and in love with making animation and cool stuffs on the big screen. A little socially awkward, with that undeniable tinge of sourness towards having a social life, these little things that I picked up from the conversation.

Despite feeling exhausted afterwards, I felt I was present the whole time during the interview, and I think that's a good thing. Because the whole creative space in the company excites me. I really want to earn my place there. After 4 years of university, I am ready to begin my apprenticeship, I am ready to prow open the richness and abundant resources there lie awaiting. I am ready to ask tons of technical and artistic questions to the people who created the scenes that make me wanna cry.

Maybe its all these that overwhelms me and drained me of all my energies. And I came back feeling surreal all over again and once my head touched my pillow, I'm gone.

I wouldn't dare say that I'd confirm get the job, but the two interviews went smoothly and it felt really natural just like watching a stone set into place. Although I still harbor some crossed-finger-ness, I'm really looking forward to stepping in.


No comments:

Post a Comment