Saturday, June 14, 2008

Eventful Pre-Father's Day ^^

Well, I am honestly pretty proud of myself as I have spontaneously created a Strawberry Whipped Sensation (tho not whipped) for my Dad for Father's day. Even tho i screwed up quite abit, im still pretty proud, and even proud of my screwed up parts.

Step UNO! Like ur ingredients !
"久しぶり!" or "お久~~!" is what i would say to strawberries.(Yes, i am flaunting my Jap here. BITE ME) And we bought 3 boxes at one go. come to think of it now, i wonder what actually gave me the courage to do that. I am actually very very broke. and i would like to announce to the world that right now, im only worth $7.00. anw, the strawberries are wonderful, and are the main main ingredients of Strawberry Whipped SENSATION!



Step Dos: turn them into liquid state
which i find a very boring thing to do...because, i have no masher...i have to use the soup-spoon-with-holes to do the job...and so ended up like a bowl of bloody....something. i told my dad that i am spewing my brains out for his present...he seemed pretty touched. (oh u can see my fat thumb)










Step Tres: Pour in the condensed milk
Wow...the condensed milk is sweet to the max and its filled to the brim of the can. It dripped all over the place as i was opening the can. its really fattening, i guess this is why my mom dun really want to me to make a second one.




Step Cuatro: pour into container and layer with crushed butter oreo. i actually like doing this, especially slapping the semi solidify creamy mix with my spoon, a great satisfaction to see the mixture fill out the container nicely. my oreo layer is a bit too thin compared to the cream layer. if i am gg to do it agen, i would make them comparable thickness.....wow ^^.
and pls look at the mess we've made, i seriously hate cleaning up after myself. and i thought, ppl hire maids to do the hated jobs, that is very unkind unless the maids actually like to clean up...but nvm, i dun hav a maid so i cant do anith abt it.








Step V: Freeze...and wait...and make whipped cream. ha, yes this is the screwed up part. actually there was one step to create lemon juice for a little added sour into all the sweetness...pity there's no picture to proove that we peeled 20 bloody lemons (we planned to squeeze out the juice, but decided otherwise...blend is a faster option), yes and plasters come in handy at times like this. and also, no picture for the screwed up whip cream, a pity, now lemme describe. the box of whipped cream cost $8.50 (yes, the same courage made me pay for this as did with the strawberries), we split it into half, and tried to whip it, manually. my house had no "whipper", we had to make do with chopsticks and forks until i managed to borrow one from my neighbour. and so the whipping goes on ......................









.............................












.............................
















................and on..
















..............................





















..............................








.............................












and on.................





and i got sick of it...as Shiqi said "用手打,会打死人的"...so i got a brilliant idea...BLEND. it worked pretty well at first, the whipped cream turned semi solid after a short blending...yes and i subtlely tried to show off to Shiqi and my parents. “我真是太聪明了!”only to discover after awhile the smooth white cream curiously separated into yellow oil-ish lumps and dilute milkish liquid... well i guess i destroyed the emulsifier that allowed oil and water to mix ...while SQ tinks i destroyed the chemical bonds in btw. hers turned out really fine as her unwavering patience paid off, yes i agree i was a little sour, but i honestly is pretty proud to destroy the emulsifier (i tink i will rmb this word very well: emulsifier). so anw....it was dinner time and we ate dinner while watching KFP (not very good quality tho coz i burnt the resolution wrongly). it was abt 3 hrs plus into the freezing...i wanted to take out my Whipping Sensation alr...


Step VI: taking out me work prematurely and expose it to scrutiny. it turned out pretty ok, except there was supposed to be a layer of whipped cream over the entire cake, but given my whipped cream is reduced to oil and water...i borrowed abit of SQ's cream and spread it ontop. and VRRRRAAALLAAAA!~~ My 第一次!is ready to be eaten! yes, it received rather positive comments, and rather heartening expressions, my Dad likes it altho this is not the actual present but more of a tester, he likes it. More coz there wasnt any anticipation coz we totally made the cake infront of him, there's no suprise factor at all. well, despite being quite well received, i cannot make the real thing tmr...too fattening is the reason. well there's always
birthdays and anniversaries for me to create
chaos agen.
Lastly, camwhore...^^
oh, my shoulder looks dislocated...


random candid photos SQ took, ha, my chin is sharp muahahahha
the band is to keep my hair up, fugly but cooling, i'd rather cooling
shirt reads :Inter jc swim meet which took place ytd