Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Freedom

I guess there is no such thing as total freedom, at least not in this world.

Today while on the bus, out of the window I saw a group of construction workers playing Cricket (the sport) on a open field not far from there makeshift work hostel with their makeshift balls and bats. The sight made me feel happy in a indescribable way (and I proceed to describe it).

Firstly I thought it was really cute, coz ultimately we are the same, despite the different lives we live, we seek fun in things we do, we do things to spice up the mundane routine.

Secondly, they were playing cricket. Seems like "the" game to play. It just felt the the right activity to do at the right time and with all the right people. Fun.

Third, agelessness. haha. They were working adults, yet they jumped around like little kids. The plain joy of doing something together with people you love.

Lastly, I felt unnamed joy to be cheered up by the scene. It feels natural. Not the kind of try-too-hard ways to cheer yourself up like going shopping, going for a movie...yadda yadda.

No comments:

Post a Comment