Sunday, April 21, 2013

Exam preparations period

Now the series of events that were scheduled to happen has happened, I am free to do my own things and move on.

I came into uni with a couple of goals in mind:
1. Look better
2. Start dancing
3. Find job at animation companies

And I am proud to say that I have achieved all 3!

Although I did not get a first class honours scroll, a dashing boyfriend, a cabinet full of awards, I am contended to say that I am satisfied with my achievements, and proud to have stayed true to myself. Sometimes I compare myself with people and true enough I am not the most popular person, not the most impressive person, not the most giving person nor friendly nor glamorous nor charitable for that fact. I always used to compare myself with other people and feel inferior and all about myself, about the things that I do not have, about the insecurities that bug me...

But after these four years, I am very happy with myself. My pursuits are validated by myself, my appearance is controlled by myself, my source of happiness is being myself. Although it may all be very self-oriented, I am glad that I have spend the first 20 odd years in bettering myself, living for myself, being who I want to be and achieving important goals that fullfils my expectations of myself.

There was once upon a time that I wanted to be popular, but I learnt that being the most popular person has down right lots of side effects that I would rather not have. I have never made "making friends" a priority, as I always felt that friendships are dependent on fate, and fate is something not to be manipulated. So there are some awesome people that I do not have the good chance to be good friends with, but I had wished that we could be better friends, may be I could have put in more effort to get to know the person more.

I did not have any expectations of love to come by and although there have been several encounters and all, it did not happen, not that it is in anyway sad, because my idea of romance does not take place in school. And that there really isn't any especially suitable person to cross my paths. So no regrets there. Although I do feel envious sometimes but its alright and I think I'm ready to find my romance, once my career is going well and I will be on my way to achieving my dreams.

Talk about my dreams, I am one step closer now that LucasFilm has accepted me into her doors, I am going to be in contact with awesome people doing awesome things that I'd love to do, to be good at, to be just mega awesome at it. I have been struggling to learn things on my own, I admit times that I had fun in hall with friends have taken a toll on my personal training, but now that university is over, I am going to head myself in the correct and measured direction to gain myself the best training and attain the best results ever.

The motivation to be better has never been so strong before and I am burning with excitement! Like literally! I just feel that despite not being the person who "has it all" I am so happy to have stuck to being myself, honouring my dream, following the path that I set out for myself, with my parents' support. I am going to give half of my salary to my mom every month and I am very satisfied with that arrangement. It means on top of my main job at Lucas, my own technical training, I am going to take up side projects that's gonna give me monetary returns as side pocket money :D. all these are so exciting sounding!

And also I'm going to continue dancing and be much better than myself, and continue losing weight, and gonna keep my hair long haha. Post university me!!

And got to apply for citizenship and start saving money for holidays and self-travels. Life's gonna be even more awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment