Sunday, July 04, 2010

Mini thoughts and goodbyes

Hey, in a pretty weesh, FOC is over. Done is the job of Games Ic, and it's always till the very end do I start to actually like what I was doing. I could still recall the awkward silences when it started out when having meeting with 2 unfamiliar people, my fellow gamesic ZQ and Jason. and when I trace the entire flow from the most historic form of our games flow to the actual ones carried out in the past week, the changes were amazing, and I couldn't believe WE did that. I was actually rather proud despite the fact that, y'know, I was a pretty big slacker and ZQ and jason did most of the tiresome work. But hey, I'm the only girl, haha, and that makes me excusable.

Anyhow, the camp ended nicely last night at the wee hour of 10pm with our awesomely wonderful EXCO performance in which I played a small part of choreographing a dance to the song "I Will Survive", and I loved my fellow Awesome Girls (URIRA: AWESOME GIRLS!!!) and it is aptly OUR dance. And Michael Jonah just poached my eyeballs away because he is just suavingly handsome for that matter. William's saxophone performance is also eye opening and fame-uppingly attractive. Hey yo, SoC is as fun as any other, if not more, and I do love the friends I have made even if they are not the "COOLEST" people. And HuiYun and YiJia and me are like copies of each other coz we just love all the same things.

Apart from the friends I've got to know better through this experience, the job itself also pretty much gave me a different view to things. I have been an OGL before, but I've never been a game master until this camp. Having fun and make other people have fun are two entirely different concept. Not only do I have to make clear the instructions in the shortest time possible, I need to coordinate my helpers, get a clear view of the whole game play and watch out for everybody's safety and fun level at the same time. Of which I honestly believe I did a really good job. :D

Also, before this I simply hate doing menial "saikang" stuffs for any other people, really, I HATED it. but now I am actually pretty fine with it, as long as what I do is contributing to the "greater good". Stuff like tying waterbombs (1000+ of them and still not enough WTF!), cutting strips of paper, sticking pieces of paper all over the school yadda yadda, and all at the crazy hours when others are either already asleep or are still sleeping. But hey, if I am gonna be a part of something, I better make sure I am an asset and not a liability. It's better to be highly demanded for than to be hung aside being good at nothing. something I learnt is that I should give and do my best at the moment that I am doing it, and not come to later and apologize saying "sorry for screwing up", it's ridiculous and I honestly despise it.

Having some withdrawal feelings now, and I really do hope that our FOC Exco Com stays tight after the camp, and outings should be planned asap coz I'm missing them all already.

In about 10 hours time, I'd be on the plane back home, like FINALLY~~~ it has been a long 5 years since I last returned and I am mad excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment